STUDENT DROP-OFF / PICK-UP PROCEDURES
For safety purposes, we request that these procedures be followed:
|Please remember that the car drop-off line is a cell phone free zone. For the safety of your child as well as other children and teachers, please refrain from talking on your cell phone while you are in the line.
ARRIVAL / DROP-OFF
- Children should not be dropped off at school before 7:15 a.m. Prior to this time, there is no supervision.
- Students should be dropped off at the designated drop off zone located at the rear of the building near the gymnasium.
- Please loop around the circle and pull your vehicle to the end of the drop off circle.
- All students arriving after 7:15 a.m. will remain in the cafeteria until dismissed.
- Before 7:45 continue to use the right lane to allow for teachers and staff to arrive in a timely manner.
- At 7:45 a.m. traffic may use 2 lanes. This is to allow for traffic to move off of Berkeley Dr. and for closure of the gate.
- Please stay in the car line and do not pass other vehicles.
- Please stay in your car and allow your child to enter the building under the supervision of the administrators and safety patrols on duty at the rear of the school.
- Front gate closes at 7:53. If you arrive after the gate is closed, please park and escort your children to the front office. For their safety, children should never be unsupervised in the parking area.
- At 8:00 the tardy bell rings. All students arriving after this time must be signed in.
- Remember that the handicap spaces are reserved for cars with a handicap tag.
- Parking in a designated fire lane may result in a fine. Please avoid the red curb!
- Breakfast is served from 7:25 to 7:50 a.m. Children not eating breakfast are dismissed from the cafeteria at 7:30 a.m.
- For safety purposes, parents should have a visitor's pass when entering the building.
- If you have items to deliver to the classroom, leave them in the office. We will be happy to deliver them for you.
DISMISSAL / PICK-UP
- If you wish to pick up your child before 2:30 p.m. dismissal, you should sign your child out before 2:00 p.m.
- If there is a change of dismissal plans for your child/children, please notify the school in writing prior to 1:30 p.m. This ensures that we are able to deliver the proper information to your child/children before dismissal.
- Please inform the office and teacher if there are persons who are not allowed to pick up your child. Pertinent custody documents will be kept on file in the child's school record.
- Parents will follow the same driving procedures as followed for morning drop off.
- Dismissal for car rider students begins at 2:30 p.m. in rear of the building.
- Drivers should form 2 lanes in order to allow for the traffic to move off of Berkeley Dr.
- Merge into the single lane for safe pick-up of students.
- Please remain in the right lane for exiting after student pick-up, unless directed by staff, then proceed cautiously to the left lane.
- Staff members will be on duty to assist students who are being picked up and will supervise each child to his/her car.
- Parents who are picking-up should remain in their vehicles at all times.
- The name of your child/children should be displayed in the front window on the hang tag that is provided by the school.
The school must be informed in writing if a student is riding a different bus. Bus changes for the day must be approved by an administrator prior to a student boarding a bus that he/she does not normally ride. Otherwise students are to ride their regular bus and depart the bus at their assigned stop. In case of emergency, parents may call the bus office at 864-639-5143.
Transportation Services Information